By: Tatyanna Tyger
Originated in the early 1900’s.
- Was similar to Negro Spirituals but consisted of a faster beat.
- The minimum amount of singers in a group was four. Consisting of a first bass, second bass, first tenor, and second tenor.
- Influenced the start of Gospel music.
- Many groups would sing for a company’s product for some more money.
- Some popular Jubliee Quartet groups are The Golden Gate Quartet, Fisk Jubliee Singers, and Norfolk Jubliee Quartet.
- My favorite Jublie Quartet songs are: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MT3Ly_-o28k