- Possesses a gentle sound
- Consists mostly of repetition
- Complex harmonization
- Uses poliphony. The song contains the piano, guitar, full percussion, and string instruments all playing different parts.
- 6 minutes long
- Full choir singing in the background
- Both make use of the piano and guitar.
- Both contain call and response.
- Both feature strong vocals with wide ranges.
- Neither are fast-paced.
Touch the Hem of His Garment
- More soulful; reminiscent of blues
- Tells a story
- Typical harmonization. This song makes heavy use of thirds.
- Less variation in instrumentation. Only the piano, drums, and guitar are used.
- Very short; not even 2 minutes long.
- Not many voices in the background. It sounds like Cooke has a quartet backing him.