The Story of Jazz Documentary mainly talks about the history of jazz and very important people in the jazz industry.
Billy Baldwin was the “first” Jazz musician who became very popular among the general public
Louis Armstrong contributed to Jazz music in many ways and could be considered the father of Jazz music. He was also one best Jazz Trumpet players.
- Jazz came about when Africans we brought to America.
- Africans mixed their native music from home with European music to make Jazz
- Ragtime was the main foundation of jazz, and over time is had certain tones that evolved into jazz music
- Jazz originated in New Orleans but over time these musicians moved and traveled over the united states allowing Jazz to be heard throughout the country
- Lil Harvey was one of the first Jazz female musical analyst’s.
- Coleman Hawkins established the Saxophone
- James B Johnson developed the music piece the “Charelston” and he was famous for his piano abilities.
- Duke Ellington came to New York in 1923, and quickly found popularity & he was known to be a band leader & composer.
- Mary Marie Louis became the first leading ladies within the Jazz scene