By Christine Bynum
- “Born Peter Gene Hernandez on October 8, 1985, in Honolulu, Hawaii, singer-songwriter Bruno Mars grew up in a very musical family. His father, Pete, was a Latin percussionist from Brooklyn, and his mother, Bernadette (“Bernie”), was a singer. Mars received his nickname, “Bruno,” while he was still a baby. “The name Bruno came from baby times,” older sister Jamie explained. “Bruno was always so confident, independent, really strong-willed and kind of a brute—hence the name Bruno—and it kind of just stuck.” – https://www.biography.com/musician/bruno-mars
How was he introduced to music?
- “In 1990, he made his first appearance in the media: an article in the New York Times that presented him as “Little Elvis” and two years later he would make a paper with this name in the movie Honey Moon in Vegas. Since he was four years old, he accompanied and supported the family band The Love Notes in all his musical presentations, playing with them five days a week. Both his role imitating Elvis Presley, and the subsequent influence of Jimi Hendrix and Michael Jackson laid the foundation for his music skills.”-https://history-biography.com/bruno-mars/
- https://history-biography.com/bruno-mars/ this website provides the necessary information to fill out and answer the question.
Bruno Mars as a songwriter
- This website provides a list of songs written by bruno mars along with their videos https://www.mtv.com/news/2339611/30-songs-bruno-mars-wrote/
Most popular songs and their year and video.
- His most popular song is “Uptown Funk”, followed by “Just the Way You are”, “Locked Out of Heaven”, and “Leave the Door Open”.
- Grammy Awards- 11 wins and 27 nominations
- 24K Magic: Record of the year 2017
- 24K Magic: Album of the year 2017
- That’s What I Like: Song of the year 2017
- That’s What I Like: Best R&B performance 2017
- That’s What I Like: Best R&B song 2017
- 24K Magic: Best R&B album, 2017
- Uptown Funk: Record of the year 2015
- Uptown Funk: Best pop duo/group performance, 2015
- Unorthodox Jukebox: Best pop vocal album 2013
- Just The Way You Are: Best male pop vocal performance 2010