Alicia Keys is a multitalented artist who deserves more recognition for her musical and non-musical contributions to the world.
- She was born on January 25, 1981 in New York, New York.
- She is married to producer, rapper, and businessman, Swizz Beats and also has two children.
- She is a singer, songwriter, and classically trained pianist.
- Early: she started composing music at 12 years old and was signed to Columbia Records by 15 years old.
- Middle: She later signed with Arista Records and produced her debut album that ended up winning five Grammy awards in 2002.
- Late: In 2019 and 2020 she hosted the Grammy awards. Her latest release is a song titled, “A Beautiful Noise” which was a song designed to encouraged Americans to vote in the election.
Alicia was highly influenced by the artist, Hazel Scott. Scott was a jazz artist and pianist who also spoke out against racial discrimination and segregation.
Alicia is currently working to improve her fans self love and soul nurturing through her skincare line, Keys Soul Care. This skincare and wellness brand was co-created by Alicia in 2020. The first launch took place in the UK.
Alicia is the co-founder and Global Ambassador of a non-profit organization called Keep a Child Alive. This organization provides support for people with HIV and AIDS in Africa and India. During the previous American elections Alicia has encouraged her fans to vote and create change in this country.
- She has one many awrads throughout her career. She has 15 Grammys and 17 NAACP Image Awards.
- Grammy for Best New Artist-2002
- Grammy for Song of the Year-2002
- Grammy for Best R&B Album-2002
- Grammy for Best R&B Song-2002, 2005, 2008
- Grammy for Best Rap Song-2011
- Billboard Award for Top Female Artist- 2004
- Grammy for Best Melodic Rap Performance-2011
- Grammy for Best R&B Performance-2005
- NAACP Image Award for Outstanding Female Artist-2013, 2008, 2006
Songs in a Minor (2001)
The Diary of Alicia Keys (2003)
As I Am (2007)
The Element of Freedom (2009)
Girl on Fire (2012)